I have never been a whole hearted supported of the political left, even though most of my friends were in the 1960s. So why I went to Washington DC today, still escapes me. Maybe it is because I missed the social interaction I got from those old marches when we had a war to oppose – this time, lines of students mingling with lines of workers after the long bus ride form our college campus in New Jersey, buses waiting for our on the parking lot we called the air strip disorganized organization with union hard hats from communist led labor unions and ERA flags of our fellow students behind them, row after row of people, most of whom had a completely different reason for being there, most of us there because somebody somewhere most likely a professor told us that the Administration stood against everything we believed in, and we had to fight back. Many of the most naïve kids who sat across from me in classrooms day after day screamed obscenities at the police, or...
Comments
Post a Comment